IFSA - SUMMER INTERNSHIPS IN BARCELONA
WHY STUDY IN BARCELONA
A thriving metropolis located along the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona is one of Europe’s true gems. The city features a beautiful Mediterranean climate, a vibrant business environment, a reputation for some of Spain’s best food, and an “old city” charm complete with iconic Gaudi architecture at seemingly every turn. This student-friendly city is proudly and staunchly Catalunyan, providing insight into the culture and politics of one of Spain’s most intriguing regions.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Build your resume with an internship in the incomparable Barcelona, where you can enjoy the seaside Mediterranean culture, foods, and nightlife while gaining meaningful work experience. With easy access to the rest of Europe, you can explore all that Barcelona has to offer during the week and quickly visit other European cities on the weekends.
Enhance your learning and develop marketable skills with an eight-week Summer Internship in Barcelona. You can start your internship in late May (Session 1) or late June (Session 2), whichever works best for your schedule. You can also combine study with an internship by enrolling in the four-week Summer in Barcelona
Session 1 followed by the eight-week Summer Internship in Barcelona (Session 2) program.
- Essential Spanish
- International Internship Seminar
Please visit Summer Internships in Barcelona
for complete class descriptions, syllabi, and placement highlights.
CULTURAL ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
Program activities are designed to enhance your intercultural competence by developing your understanding of the local culture and people. They are optional, but they are included in your total program fee. Activities vary each term based on availability, but previous events have included:
- Catalan Cooking Class: Experience authentic Catalan cuisine during a Catalan cooking class preparing famous Spanish dishes.
- Sagrada Familia Tour: Tour Sagrada Familia church, one of the most architectonic beauties of Barcelona.
- Museum of Art Visit: Bask in the stunning view of Barcelona from the Museum of Art and peruse the most comprehensive collection of Catalan art in the world.
- Gothic Quarter Tour: Enjoy a guided tour of the Gothic Quarter and several other prominent Barcelona neighborhoods.
- Flamenco Class: Learn new moves such as sevillanas, rumba, catalana, and soleas during a fun and festive Flamenco class.
- Palo Alto Market: Spot everything from local fashion to artisanal jewelry at the Palo Alto Market while indulging in delicious street food or stopping by the many food trucks!
IFSA excursions are included in your total program fee and though these are optional, most students choose to participate. Excursions vary each term based on availability.
- Figueres Day Trip: Visit Figueres, the birthplace of Salvador Dalí, and Girona, a medieval, walled city and site of several filming locations for The Game of Thrones.
- Calella Day Trip: Calella is small town on the Costa Brava which preserves its picturesque white houses and traditional fishing village along the Mediterranean.
- Montserrat Day Trip: Montserrat is a stunning mountain landscape topped with a famous Benedictine monastery and perfect for hiking excursions.
- Tarragona Day Trip: Tarragona is where you can find the second most important ancient Roman sites in Spain including a mosaic-packed museum and a seaside amphitheater.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN MY IFSA PROGRAM?
||BEGIN YOUR STUDY ABROAD JOURNEY
Choose your ideal program by customizing and personalizing your search filters. Using IFSA’s search tool, you can find programs by searching beyond location and area of study.
Using CHART, you’ll be able to see which classes abroad fit easily into your academic plan. You can also see which classes your home institution has already approved to guarantee that your credits will align.
Apply Online Today.
Our easy online application process is here for you! Simply log in to the IFSA Student Portal and answer questions about yourself to get started. If you get stuck or have questions, reach out to our IFSA team. We’re here to help.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
- Academic Support
- Administrative Fees and Applications Fees
- Airport Pickup
- Activities and Excursions (including transportation and meals)
- Guaranteed Housing
- International Medical Insurance
- Internet Access in Housing
- Internship, Directed Research, and Volunteer Opportunities (on many programs)
- Meals (on some programs)
- Official Transcript with U.S. Credit Translation
- On-site Orientation
- On-site Staff Support (including in-person meetings and emergencies)
- Pre-arrival Advising