Each year the the Rotary Club of Tuscaloosa awards scholarships to UA students for activities that align with the mission of Rotary.
||Rotary Club of Tuscaloosa
Graduate & Upperclassman
Non-U.S. Citizen Scholarship
(Spain Hickman Estess Award)
The mission of Rotary International is to provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
||Spain Hickman Estess
- International student (non U.S. citizen) pursing a degree at The University of Alabama
- Degree-seeking, exchange or sponsored students are eligible for this award. ELI students are not eligible.
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate level students.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
|Award to Support:
||Award to a student for their study at UA OR for a project providing a better understanding of U.S. views or values.
||Apply through the online system below. Students must be ready to complete/submit the following:
- Rotary Scholarship Questionnaire
- Copy of unofficial transcript
- Statement of purpose essay
- Name of program (either study or project)
- Location of program
- Dates of program
- Educational and career plans
- International interests
- Intended use of scholarship
- On or off campus activities, especially those relating to international understanding
- A letter of recommendation. You will submit the email of a UA faculty member and they will be sent a set a questions to answer on your behalf concerning:
- Your academic ability and achievement
- Your interest in international understanding
- Your participation in international activities (in the U.S. or abroad)
- Ability to represent the Rotary Club of Tuscaloosa
- Nomination from Chair
- You are asked to submit a nomination from the chair of the department in support of your participation in this scholarship competition.