Immerse yourself in Ireland's rich culture and examine the complex relationship between Ireland and its neighbors. During this summer block program, you'll spend six weeks (or up to 12 weeks) discussing national identity, religion, and immigration issues. Explore the pros and cons of tourism in a country that welcomes seven million visitors annually. You'll learn about beloved Irish storytellers and what influences their work. All your classes will be complemented with co-curricular activities designed to increase your intercultural understanding of "The Emerald Isle."
Build Your Summer Adventure
Select one or two six-week blocks at any CIEE Open Campus Block location. Stay in Dublin for both blocks or go mobile and spend your second block in Berlin, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Copenhagen, Kyoto, London, Madrid, Monteverde, Paris, Rome, Santiago, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, or Yucatan.
LIVE AND LEARN
in the heart of downtown Dublin.
TAKE DAY TRIPS
to the outskirts of Ireland
EXPLORE THE STUNNING SURROUNDINGS
by joining one of our outdoor excursions outside of Dublin
Excursions & Activities
Get to know Dublin with cultural activities such as guided walking tours, visits to museums, cathedrals, galleries, and outdoor excursions to make the most of Ireland’s long summer days.
See more of Ireland with day trips that bring your coursework to life. Excursions will take you beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding. Trips might include visits to other parts of the island, such as Belfast in the north or Galway on the West Coast.
- Visit the medieval town of Kilkenny
Hike in the Wicklow Mountains to the monastery at Glendalough
- Discover hidden Irish gems in the ancient midlands, such as Cahir Castle and the Rock of Cashel
- Listen to traditional music and storytellers in local pubs
- Enjoy Dublin’s contemporary art scene
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Irish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2023||03/25/2023 **||Rolling Admission||05/15/2023||08/05/2023|
|Summer II||2023||03/25/2023 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer I||2023||03/25/2023 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.