Study Abroad in SCOTLAND with IFSA
University of Edinburgh Parliamentary Internship
About the Program
Can you imagine setting agendas for an MP meeting with the Security Council or co-authoring investigative reports for a campaign initiative? As an Intern in the Scottish Parliament, you will take Political Science courses from a top-ranked European university while completing research and interning with a Member of the Scottish Parliament.
The capitol city of Scotland, Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Students will enjoy excellent shopping, pubs, trendy cafes, clubs and indoor and outdoor sports, as well as many film, music and cultural festivals.
- Gain unparalleled access to political life in Scotland
- An opportunity to pursue independent research and participate in political activity
- Course work component balances participation in the development of Scottish political life with learning about the history and culture of Scottish society
- Participants spend a large part of the internship semester at Parliament but still participate in university life, clubs and campus social life
- Weekly orientation sessions help students become familiar with their internship duties and determine research possibilities
- Students can combine an internship semester with a second semester of regular classes at the University of Edinburgh
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278