Excursions & Activities
- Explore engineering feats like Roman road foundations and Arab water management in Segovia, Alcalá, Mérida, or Granada.
- Visit some of the country's top-ranking engineering companies, like Iberdrola, Repsol, FCC, and Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas SA.
- Take a weekend trip to a city like Barcelona, Bilbao, or Sevilla to see regional differences in urban design, engineering, and traditional architecture.
- Take walking and biking tours that include stops tourists often miss.
- Absorb Spanish culture with a cooking class, a flamenco class with by dinner and a show; and visits to the Rastro open-air market, local festivals, and celebrations in and around the city.
- Meet Spanish peers through the Spanish Student Network, a group of university students that accompany students for CIEE activities and events.
- Take advantage of campus sports facilities and fitness programs.
Volunteering. We're ready to help you help kids, teens, and disabled people in Madrid, through schools, associations, and outreach programs.
Peer-to-peer language support. Practice your Spanish skills and make a new friend with our language exchange program.
Tutors and study groups. Sign up for a UC3M faculty-led study group for one of your STEM courses. Gain a credit get the support you need to complete course work as needed. With CIEE supervision, students can also find a grad student or classmate to help them get the most of class. In general, tutors meet for one hour, once a week.
Internships. Got advanced Spanish skills? Engineering internships are competitive here, but we'll help you make it happen.