Two qualified students will be awarded the Miyagawa Scholarship.
Student 1: Student (regardless of nationality) must be a UA undergraduate student studying the Japanese language either at the University of Alabama or in a study abroad program overseas. The student must remain enrolled full time for the upcoming academic year.
Student 2: Student must be an undergraduate or graduate student from Japan enrolled full-time at the University of Alabama. This student must remain enrolled full time for the upcoming academic year.
This scholarship is open to students who are:
- Currently enrolled at UA
- Have a minimum of GPA of 2.5
- Scholarship Questionnaire
- One Letter of Recommendation from a UA faculty member
- Copy of your unofficial transcript
- Statement of Purpose that includes the following items and not exceeding one page in length.
- Educational and career plans
- International interests
- Intended use of scholarship
- On or off campus activities, especially those relating to international understanding
- Financial Need
- Academic Merit
All application materials should be submitted online through the application system. Note: Only complete applications will be considered.
Notification of Award:
All students will be notified via email about the outcome of the scholarship award no later than three weeks after the close of the application.